Friday, January 23, 2009

Silence between the snow

(Found this in a pile of paper - it dates back to high school I think. Probably from a free-form writing assignment. I've quelled my compulsion to edit it just now.)

Sparkling snow dancing, glistening past me as I drive through swooping valleys and climbing cliffs. Winter waltz between the faeries of fall and the sentinels of spring. The trees are heavy with their icy frosting, between sky and snow there's only at ice to chip away at, to dig in, to mold. Somewhere there lies a treasure at the heart of every castle. Snow angels protect the weary, the cold-hearted, the chilled souls of the world. Few see the magic in morning mists but many understand when their eyes are closed. Silence between the snow.

Back now to organizing and de-cluttering the closet. Sigh.

(Update: Oh Lordy, it's from tenth grade. There are pages of them...)

No comments: