Monday, January 19, 2009

"I'll miss you guys!"

Now that I'm on a tight writing deadline and have a nearly-discernible level of of enthusiasm, I've put myself on a strict writing schedule (complete with out-of-province "thesis support/nagging group" -friends in exact same situation all across the country). That ought to solve my problem of energy pretty quickly. But anyway, this blog post is about something else; I'm reviewing the literature and catching up on papers that were published since November and as I read the authors names, I recognize them. People I've met at conferences, or even colleagues-of-colleagues whom have garnered high praise. People I'm probably never going to get to meet properly/hang out with/drink with, now that I'm within finishing distance of a degree I don't plan on pursuing further.

And that made me sad. Bye Chuck D. I've never met you (that I can remember) but I'll miss you.

No comments: