Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Musings

Good morning New Year!

We have two new people starting in the lab today - they just arrived to scoot into my PI's office for an official welcome. They are both better looking than I had anticipated. And married to each other.

Friday night I hosted a dinner party for three girlfriends and it was an awesome bitchfest of epic proportions. The food was sooo good (if I may say so myself) and we were tipping back the wine until late into the evening. Everyone stumbled into bed/couches around 2 am, and at 8:30 am I made some smoothies for everyone before leaving for the Saturday market. The holiday season means it was far less crowded than usual, and we all picked up some excellent locally made foodstuffs (mmm...Old Growler cheese...)

This is how I spent the weekend:

Scheming. Again.

We went on a bowling date on Saturday night. I'm still sore this morning from the lunges.

Sock monkeys were on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for -50%.

And although my research is behind due to holiday absences, I'm not stressing too much. There are worse things that could happen than slow-ass writing.

No comments: