Monday, October 20, 2008

date with Andy

tomorrow at noon tomorrow at noon tomorrow at noon tomorrow at noon tomorrow at noontomorrow at noon tomorrow at noon tomorrow at noon...

Update: Awesome experience, I can definitely see why people would become addicted to tattoos. I am so giddy right now! The design is stunning and he complimented me for "sitting" very well for my first time, especially since the tattoo was centered on my upper spine. I would do it again in a heartbeat and would recommend it as well - I am in no discomfort whatsoever and the only thing I feel right now is the bandage tape pulling awkwardly at my skin. The varying amounts of pain (from nearly unnoticeable to quite pronounced) meant that even when I was feeling like a needle WAS actually going through my skin (very rare during the 1.5 hours I might add) it subsided in less than a minute as he moved on to another spot. The only thing I would change if I could: to go with the lighter/redder brown ink he had instead of the greener/darker one.

And get this: apparently the design was so fine he used an "outline needle" to fill the whole thing in, which as he explained to me increased the pain because the needles are fewer and closer spaced than a "filling in" gun. Ha! How about THAT for bragging rights?

I found that the best music was Volcano by the now defunct band Hot Springs (Montreal), although the opening act featured Hayloft by Mother Mother (Vancouver) on repeat. Yeeeeaaaaaa!

When he went out to smoke a cigarette, I snuck in one badly aimed and unfocused picture before he bandaged it up. Voila!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is andy?

Natalie said...

The tattoo artist of course ;)