Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A trek through the Tupper turns up...

A really annoying advert (lacking alliteration, natch):




Maybe this doesn't bother anyone as much as it does me?? The saccharine smiles and underlying message get on my feminist nerves. "All little girls are expected to attend prom, get a higher degree and marry. Preferably on daddy's dime." Um. No. And just for implying that much I will deliberately choose the longer route so I don't have to stare at the poster on the way to the main floor cafe. I think my heartstrings have withered past the salvage point.

Meh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie, I know this is a super old post but I hope you'll see this comment! I found your blog via facebook via looking at Zamora's wall, haha, and I have been eating up all your posts so far, reverse chronologically. (Side note I LOVE your house and it was so cool to see it come together and all the hard work than went into it! I hope you and your husband are enjoying it this summer!). Anyway, I work in the Tupper now and I HATE that frigging poster! I also wondered if anyone else found it super-sexist. Yeah, those three girls aren't happy that they get the company and love of their dad for more of their lives, but that he'll pay for all their expected 'accomplishments'!! I wonder if they've ever received any complaints. We should put a poster up next to it or something. GRR! Anyway, I love your posts and I'll have to remember to come back! - Kathleen from Mt. A (we had Life in the Universe and I think you were a TA when I took Astro).