Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday cheer

Started the holiday shopping this weekend. Egged on by the strong Canadian dollar and an utter loathing of crowded places, I've initiated the season by making multiple purchases online. I've tried to limit these purchases to items I would get at large chains anyway, like DVDs or books, while still supporting local shops and artisans for more unique, used or one-of-a-kind items. And being the poor student that I am, I've also contributed to the (small) lot of gifts with my own hand-made stuff, including a pair of socks for my sister:



It's the first pair of socks I've ever knit, and it is taking me forever! I'm so used to dealing with large needles & thick wool because my previous projects were almost all toques that I knit to donate to various charities (including the local "Knitters for Critters"). The picture is from *three* hours of work last night...it may be warm again when she gets them :S

No comments: