Wednesday, February 25, 2009

shizz

So I figured I would check the listings for Vancouver (where we will be next week) for live music. I thought that there would be lots of choice of live music concerts by bands that I listen to (Beast, Woodhands, Hey Rosetta!, Rose Cousins, The United Steel Workers of Montreal, somebody) They are all Canadian bands. It's not like I was checking to see if Ani Drifranco was playing Vancouver. And damn, even Danny Michel is playing here on the East Coast. But holy shizz, there is nothing that interests me. Granted, I don't know which websites to check for local listings, but the ones I've come across are not sparse - just sparse of anything catching my eye.
This is the only listing that raised my interest:
Hawksley Workman, Chad Vangaalen @ The Commodore Ballroom (No Minors) $28.50+ 8pm Presented by: Vancouver 2010 Cultural Olympiad/ Olympiade Culturelle

BUT they're playing the day before we arrive so no good. Cadence Weapon and Thunderheist are playing the night we arrive, but I'm not so sold on that one. Boo. I guess I'll just have to spend time with family and friends. Jeesh.

1 comment:

Chris & Liv said...

Tanya Tagaq Gillis is playing the Roundhouse on March 3rd. I was going to go..you can come too. She's a throat singer who mixes with contemporary.