Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I read a lot of celebrity gossip (what compels me, I'm not so sure. Schadenfreude, maybe? But it is especially true nowadays, when I'm supposed to be furiously at work on a thesis. Sigh). I like to read about bitchy behind-the-scene antics, who wore what to the award show, and who is dating whom. But I can't understand why anyone would want to emulate Victoria Beckham. She crazy.



I would not consider this beautiful at all, and I'm always amazed by the gossip authors who do. Those who think her hair cut is fierce? Don't get it. The only reason she cut it was not to "stand out" or "be brave" but because she was probably losing so much of it due to starvation the extensions wouldn't hold anymore. So. Gross.

Anyway, those are my deep thoughts for the day. I am working on my thesis, finishing up the genome sequencing (I ordered twenty primers yesterday) and planning for a mini-vacation in Vancouver in just over a week. Two months until I defend my thesis, month and a half until I pass in my written work. My eyeballs are starting to bleed from staring at the computer for so long. :)

Oh, and PS why do the startlets always wear their shoes one size too bog? I could fit one of my fat fingers in the heel of Mrs.Beckham's shoe up there. Is it because that is the best way to avoid the blisters us mere mortals are prone to developing? If you are lucky enough to be driven from one place to another, walking is optional so a too-big shoe is possible? Curious.

No comments: