Thursday, June 4, 2009

We are on the Stena Ferry running from Belfast right now and they have free wi-fi, so I am going to post the video I made a few days ago on the hill-top camp site, a moderate hike up from a winding road on Dingle Peninsula. The weather has continued to hold, we returned our car without a hitch, we stayed overnight in Belfast and are on our way to London. We will be staying overnight at the airport again, and catching a flight out to Berlin early tomorrow morning. We've had to repack our luggage so that we can store some items at Heathrow airport (mostly camping/rain gear) for pick-up on the way back to Canada, which was a gigantic chore. I've got a mild sunburn, which I am enjoying immensely and I'm happy to report I've had no more run-ins with ticks :) As I mention in the following video, my camera fell out of my pocket into loads of beautiful, fine white sand a few days ago, rendering it completely useless (I was in the process of running after some beer, which I had put in the water to cool down while we cooked our pork chops on the sand. When I next looked up, my two cans of Bulmers were serenely floating out to see, so I jumped up to wade in after them. Rest in Peace camera.)





(PS I didn't bathe IN the lake, but I did bathe in the waterfall down the hill from it. It was so cold it hurt my scalp, but I was hard up for a shower after swimming in the aqua blue Atlantic waters off Dingle Peninsula. Yes, my life is hard.)

PPS Oooo sorry for the crummy quality. The original movie wasn't that bad (ie you could actually make out our bright yellow tent... but the switch from .mov to .avi file with the crummy free online patch I used obviously was worth the money I paid for it. You'll just have to trust me that it was stunning enough to record the movie with the built-in laptop camera )

No comments: