Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sigh. I hate London. I had to pay 5 pounds per hour for internet access at the budget hotel. Boo!!

But we got here, and other than the price of internet, the hotel is clean and worth the 50 pounds per night for a great soft bed and full washroom. We bought groceries before leaving Prague (and a czech garnet ring! SOO beautiful!!) so we've just camped out here, and will continue to do so before noon check out tomorrow. Then catch the free bus to the terminal, check-in, and fly home. Almost time for reality to set in. I keep getting emails from the realtor at home sending new listings, and I tallied up our total cost of our trip (somewhere around - cough- $5000 for two for three weeks) that doesn't even include the $2000 gadget we bought right before taking off, so I really ought to find a job. The manuscript writing is continuing after a false alarm, and I'm due to present my work next week at a conference in Hometown. I'll probably work on the presentation on the plane tomorrow.

Ha! Yeah right. Just kidding :) I'll probably spend the whole time worrying about money. Or reading The Cloud Atlas. I can't decide.

Cheers to everyone back home!

(Oh, and just in time I hear. The budget hotel news program tells me the WHO are suggesting borders be closed due to the swine flu. Not before I get home, bitches. I'll jump into the Thames if I get stuck in London...)

No comments: