Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The end is nigh


He is snoring. Loudly. :)
Hubby is down for the count today...some sort of head cold. It pairs nicely with the fact that we will be leaving Prague a day ahead of schedule because of my incompetence. I meant to book a early morning flight from Prague back to London so that we had only half a day in that city. Imagine my surprise when I open the confirmation check-in email from British Airways that had Thursday as date of departure, not Friday as I had meant it to be. Whoops. The means a bunch of things:

1. We paid $16/day for luggage storage at Heathrow for our heavy bag full of camping gear. Rates were (much) cheaper in the city but we didn't want the hassle of dealing with public transport on a tight time budget between international flights (I have yet to point out in this blog that we were oddly delayed during routine train travel twice so far. The last time was arriving into London, where ALL TRAINS arriving or departing from Euston station were immobilised for several hours due to complete failure of the signal system. Talk about Chaotic). Now we need to go into the city for accomadation anyway, 'cause there's no way I'm spending another night at a London airport.

2. Need to pay for accomadation in London, which I needn't point out is much more expensive than Prague.

3. I have to spend time in London again. It didn't go so well last time.

Maybe booking things during the "all-night organization-a-thon" the day before departing wasn't such a good idea.

Update: ohhhhh goody, the fucking tube workers are on strike. On the Heathrow website:

No comments: