Monday, November 24, 2008

House 95% complete

So one year from the pouring of the foundation footings, we held our house-warming party. This blog has documented the progression from foundation to frame to insulation, drywall, paint and every bump in between. The house is the result of alot of love and work from our friends and family, and I think it shows through. It is a lovely place to come home to and I'm very proud of it :)

Dining room


Living room (with fireplace I just stained last week)


Stairwell and TV corner, with the berber carpet I love. We choose carpet because it was the less expensive option, but it brings a needed warmth to the area & I would choose it again given the option. I love sitting on the winders.


Accent chairs I re-upholstered myself (I spent $30 for the fabric but only $20 for both chairs. Ha.)


Entry, with pastel prints from Ghana.


Maybe my favorite room in the house: Office with reading corner




Family bathroom


Family bathroom


House-warming party carnage.

No comments: