Thursday, March 11, 2010

ying yang yadda yadda

FTW: My science is kicking ass over and over. My lab is clean and organized, including the freezer I just thawed out. My lab book is a mess, but will be tackled in short order. I feel like a queen bee.

pwned: The Spring thaw came whipping out of Winter's ass so fast I believe we may have missed our opportunity to tap birch trees this year. While we are scrambling to find equipment that costs less than our first born child's soul, the day-time temperatures have been 5-10 C for four days straight. Maple syrup producers have gathered TONS of sap already. Usually the maple season is the end of March, but every day this week has been gloriously sunny. Literally, one week ago we battled two mighty snow storms in a row. This picture was swiped from a friend's facebook account without credit:



This would be a snow drift, waist-high, at her front door... ie normal March weather. So although I complain, I can't REALLY complain because sun lifts my spirits. Birch syrup will have to wait until next year.

No comments: