Tuesday, March 16, 2010

translations from a tech

What they say versus What they mean:

"Is there any more DDT?" = "The powder is right here next to the tube of empty solution, but I don't want to make it up."

"Are there any more LB plates?" = "Someone used the last plate and didn't tell anyone. Please make more so I don't have to."

"Do these tubes of media have Ampicillin?" = "I cannot read, since these tubes are clearly marked on the side AND the tops that they lack Ampicillin. It's written on the white board and in an email I received earlier. But I didn't look there."

"Do you know where to pick up the intro reports/midterms/marks?" = "It is second semester but I still haven't figured out how university works, or that I'm responsible for knowing these things before arriving to the building. You don't work for the university but are stationed at a convenient location, so I'll ask you."

No comments: