Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I don't get *dressed* so much as *costume* myself...

So here is a picture of my shirt (formerly a 3.5 m length of fabric). I gave it a boat neck with a large hood that holds tight along me face, long sleeves with thumb holes and a wrapped empire waist. The bottom edge is still raw, because I want to add darts along the bottom half to make it more A-line, as well as incorporate the empire waisted tie-backs directly into the tunic (currently they are just tied around me). I still have tons of fabric left-over, but the stretch is not as I would have liked so I don't know what I'll do with the rest (it definitely bunches in places I don't want it to bunch). Alas, when you are scrummaging through the bargain bin, you take what you can get.

In the end, I came to love the colour. I wore it to work, and my boss said I looked like someone from Lord of the Rings. It is a very earthy chartreuse colour, and compliments my dark-hair-streaked-with-red. So I think I'll keep it, incorporate the finishing touches and reinforce the seams so I can by rugged with it. Like scale a tree or try out a bow or something ;)

No comments: