Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SERIOUS business

It was still September, during the intermission of a live concert, where I first asked friends of mine:

"So, what are going to be for Halloween?"

I guess we take it seriously here at oceanedgeblue, and my husband and I have been trading ideas back & forth for at least two weeks.

My first idea, since I own a ridiculous pair of skin-tight faux leather leggings and have seen a perfect LadyGaga-inspired wig at the local hardware store (random, I know) - was Sandy from Grease. My husband could totally pull off the young Travolta look too:

In the end we decided this was too cliche, we both basically hate the musical Grease, and I'm not sure I'm confident enough in my ass to wear the pants with enough sass.

Second option was a inspired by a stuffed pink cat toy my husband found at a friends place. The crazy grinned Cheshire Cat! So if we stuck to the couples costume, I guess the logical pair would be Alice:
























Cute, yes. Clever? Not really. He'd probably die of heat in the full cat costume too. Heehee.

The latest option is inspired by this picture:



Winner of a costume contest put on by a favorite online store, I think the face paint for the deer is adorable. If we continue with the Disney theme, then this is Bambi....and the partner costume could be Flower the skunk? A skunk costume is really cute, especially on kids!

Relive childhood innocence! Cute cuddly woodland creatures! No skanky costumes in sight! WIN!



No comments: