Monday, April 26, 2010

I do NOT want to be inside right now

The entire weekend was glorious. Sun shining, no rain, light breeze and most importantly NO mosquitos. Today is the same. On Saturday we drove 45 minutes away to "Bancroft Farms"-basically an adorable dude-and-dog duo on a couple of acres making veggies for a roadside stand in cottage country. The fantastic potluck showcased some fresh scallops surrounded in bacon BBQ'd to perfection, sunchoke salad and other home-grown goodies. We drank beer around a campfire as the sun went down. Or tea around the table gabbing about CBC and drunken escapades. Then yesterday was a surprise birthday BBQ for my dear hubby, who is turning 30 this week. I invited some old friends he hadn't seen in a long time as well as family members to my mom's house for a surprise party. It was great!

So not much done on the house this weekend. I really want to tape down the kitchen cabinet design to verify the proportions actually work. And I had to fire the landscaping crew who were supposed to till my garden. Not only were they horrible communicators, they just failed to follow through on multiple occasions. I don't have to deal with that crap anymore. I just borrowed a tiller to do myself, with a garden plot plan I spent a few hours organizing. Companion gardening in wide plots....that's the gist of it. We'll see how it goes.

I also took a few pictures of the property today, which I'll post shortly. Sunshine!

Update: Here they are!

Inside the barn:



Outside the barn:








No comments: