Monday, April 12, 2010

flakey

Last week I ordered some wee chickens (straight run, buff orpington*, half a dozen day old chicks). They should arrive mid May, so we need to get a coop reading by then. I also scheduled when our garden to be tilled (we decided to move it from the location I originally liked in the fall because of copious tree stumps buried underground), being pleasantly surprised at the $20 cost (I was never going to get around to it at this rate anyway). Bought paint for the exterior of the house. A nice creamy yellow called "bee pollen".

I bought a big five gallon pail at a big box store (they gave me a fifty dollar discount on the upgraded paint because they didn't have the right base for my colour), got home super excited to start the long process of covering up the asbestos shingles in paint when realized I bought latex to put over oil.


Now I have to go back, spend double the money (and time!) to get an appropriate primer. Crap!

* I only realized yesterday that I said buff orpHington, not the proper buff orpington (no H). Newbie!

No comments: