Friday, September 18, 2009

welcome welcome

Since the students arrived on Thursday of the last week, I've had multiple queries for directions. I've started to keep track on the blackboard: 23 students. That includes the one who was looking for my boss but couldn't remember her name ("uhh...could you help me find, uh...Mc..Ca...I don't remember her name. But she's the biochemistry professor...?") and the one with wide-eyes that asked me where "Intro to English - I can't remember the class number" was. I asked her what room it was in, but she just stared. Deer in headlights. I may have seen the beginning of a quivering lip. So I lead her to my computer, where she was able to check her class schedule on line, tell me which room it was and get on her way.

There are only ~2300 students at the school. That means about 1% of the student population has asked me where their class is this week.

Thats why they pay me the big bucks.

No comments: