Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Keeping up in the sleepy village

The first week here has been busy, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Our apartment in still musty and old, but it is starting to become personalized and thus a bit more cozy. I decided that my eating habits while on extended vacation sucked so bad I needed a re-haul, so I picked up a "detox-your-life" sorta book, and plan to start that tomorrow (many items on the "please eat" list are unavailable here in the village, so I'll need to drive to the next town over to get my kale).

Hubby is busy working all day here, and then frantically trying to complete a job he agreed to do way back when he was still jobless. The timing was wonky, but he made the commitment (to someone he is related to) and now he has to juggle to two. It means frequent visits to Hometown. Last night I went with, and was able to catch up with a old friend who has been in Ireland all year doing her medicine degree. It was fun to catch up and drink steamed milk.

The best part of the job so far has been riding my scooter around. So cute! I need to get a new helmet though, as the full face black one that came with the scooter lacks the fashionable pizazz I require in all my accessories :)

Like this, in grey so it matches my scooter?


With rose coloured glasses, to match my mood. Although really, I feel completely boring lately. Nothing to write about - no travels, no house, no plans. Boring. I'll be leaving for Montreal on Sunday afternoon, and shortly after getting back I'll be writing my test for the motorcycle license. Sigh. Life is certainly slower here in the village :)

No comments: