Thursday, July 16, 2009

Eat Green

I forgot how long it took to prepare actual food. I was half an hour late to work this morning, because I was planning out the next two weeks of healthy eating (recipes from a wonky "woo" book on detoxing - but hey, at least they are healthy) and making buckwheat pancakes (with blueberries! and pumpkin-seed butter!) as well as my lunch. Drumroll please....

A spinach and dulse cold soup.



Sounds good eh? Ever eaten dulse? If you licked a beach stone and then chewed on some seaweed, it would give you a good idea. Luckily, the soup (which I made this morning to bring to work) is zucchini and avocado-based, so the spinach and dulse are nutrient-packed flavour afterthoughts.

Quite a different menu then Gobstoppers for breakfast, Pringles for lunch and Rolo icecream for supper.

No comments: