Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Twenty Days

I invigilated a mid-term this morning for a cesspool of viral infections called "undergrads".

Their germs had already found me, though. On Saturday I felt yucky and made myself drink orange juice, Sunday I forced myself to relax in a hot bath for three hours and last night I tried to reduce virus loads by gargling with salt water/using a Neti pot and swallowing tons of Ginseng extract.

I guess I beat last year's count: this time it took a whopping 20 days to catch "the undergrad cold".

As an aside, it struck me just how homogenous my place of work is. Of the fourteen students I was overseeing this morning, there were:

two* boys: James & Micheal
twelve girls:
Two Jessicas
Two Sara(h)s
Two Kat(e)s
An Anna & a Brianna & a Cassandra
An Emily & a Haylee
One lone Lauren

* This still didn't stop my fellow invigilator from explaining that we would be recording their setting arrangement to guard against cheating, by using the phrase "looking at the guy in front of you". /facepalm

No comments: