Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TIFF top 5

Perhaps in another life I'm an event organizer. In this other life, I would be on the organizational team for Toronto International Film Festival. I would have opportunity to rub shoulders with the celebrities that, in my current life, I just read about on the internet. Who would I throw my charm at during the 2011 TIFF festival? Oh well let me tell you.

The top three are stately (handsome) men, mentioned before on this very blog:

Spot 1: Jon Hamm, with his great comedic timing and hockey knowledge, pictured here with his slightly plastic-looking long-term partner:

Spot 2: Ewan McGregor, the free-wheeling (yet adorably married), ruddy Scotsman who always picks really cool roles to play and once toured the world on a motorcycle. Pictured here in downtown TO:


Spot 3: And of course Clive Owen, accented and rumply in his black suit at his newest movie's gala. He usually doesn't smile as much, but he's a devoted family man:



















The other two spaces are more fluid and interchangeable.

Spot 4: For a long while, Ryan Gosling occupied spot number four, but lately he's not been doing it for me. He really bulked up for some roles, and I prefer them lean. He's also made the rounds with half a dozen young starlets, which dampens his allure. Time to replace his Canuck ass with another fellow countryman. So for this TIFF, in which I'm an imaginary organizational guru in stunning heels, I would probably follow Scott Speedman around like a puppy. He has actually toned down the bulky muscles and has great forearms (I am SUCH a sucker for nice forearms on a dude). Plus, to my geeky heart, he'll always be the good looking werewolf from Underworld (...I won't even link to a trailer, it's that cheesy). Pictured here spiffed up for a premiere and all smiles outside his hotel in Toronto:





















Spot 5: might have been taken up by Ben Affleck IF he had attended the festival. But since he didn't, and I've met my quota for stubble-faced dudes, I think I would just try my luck with Olivia Wilde. She appears to have thoughts in her head, was married in the desert at Burning Man, has fantastic collarbones and played a doctor on TV. My standards are low I guess, because I would fling some flirt her way:

Now back to work. Real work. Not the imaginary kind.

No comments: