Monday, October 25, 2010

Late Summer

Later today I'm going to post some progress photos from the on-going house construction. In the process of uploading those, I came across these older ones from about a month ago. The first shows my view out to the quiet country road (and the water beyond), littered with fowl:



My mom came down to help pull apart my pathetic-looking garden before the first frost. We had tons of tomatoes though, thanks to the plants my mother-in-law started in her greenhouse:



I spent a few evenings stewing tomatoes for the freezer once the tomatoes ripened:



The cooking was being done upstairs, since the downstairs was being pulled apart and repaired. The wooden base shows where the kitchen sink will eventually be, at this point we were waiting for the plumbers to arrive. My husband's rubber-booted feet are hanging down from the roof he was repairing that day:



Thanks to a super-productive few weeks (funny what a few frost warnings will do to waning motivation in the face of a torn apart house), this looks very different now.

No comments: