Tuesday, June 8, 2010

visitation rights

Ah, my good. I haven't updated in forever and a quick look at the calendar makes me think it will be awhile until I stop living my life and start blogging about it instead. Next weekend a couch surfer arrives who bought land down the street. He wants to check it out in person now that the snow has melted (he's from Florida!). Another friend will be down from Big City for a few days and drinking at the local pub should be in the cards. Then I'm flying out to Huge City in Province Waywayover to see lots of old pals (mostly from undergrad...I was talking to a new friend and re-iterated once again how GREAT university was because I met so many people just like me) for about a week. Leaving the job and the new employee and the chickens and the bees behind.

I might have to style my hair before leaving because, as I told me style-conscious friend/visitee: "I look like a street urchin". And for about six months I've been coveting this certain shade of red...as seen on Isla Fisher.

I don't know if I could pull it off but I'm mighty tempted to try. I just had another pang of lust as I scrolled through this year's AMAZING Lillith Fair line-up. Kate Nash, Fine Frenzy, Ingris Michealson. They are all begging me to join their blazing-headed ranks. So we'll see if I can scrounge up some salon money before leaving, along with some dough to pay for sweet sweet cosmetics like this, which I can only find in a gigantic city. Preeeetttttyyy. I'm sure the bees would agree.

No comments: