Monday, June 28, 2010

Evisceration, Evaluation and the End.

Now that the Summit is over, I can assess from a privileged vantage point what the media decided to say about the proceedings (and in particular, the protesters involved). Since I was actually here in the city and watching how things unfolded (from a distance, granted. I abhor confrontation) one might say I would be better off. Yet although I had the added benefit of being able to determine the mood of the city in person, most of my input came from "New Media" (live streaming of blogs, twitter and in some cases video). The democratization of communication may be my favorite part of the internet, and sometimes it is difficult to argue with compelling footage:


The sounds of chanting and helicopters has been replaced with concrete saws and trains. People in business suits, not face masks, walk the street.

Back to the status quo.

No comments: