Tuesday, March 30, 2010

magical science supply faerie

Two weeks until undergrad honours thesis are due, so students are rushing like mad to finish up the last few experiments. One arrives at my door this morning to ask that I order supplies on his behalf, holding the empty containers in his hand. When I tell him I will do it asap but that the supplies will likely arrive early next week, he does that quick-inhale-between-the-teeth-reverse-whistle thing. Like "ohh...only next week??" but in non-verbal form.

There's a life lesson here, unfortunately for him. It goes something like this:

I am not one of these.
Figure 1: Science supply fairie. Space and time bend to her almighty will. Ta-da!

Sorry kiddo. Now I have to willfully compel myself NOT to chase allover campus getting signatures right quick. Because there is still a tiny teeny part of me that feels bad for him, and would do it. If my inner bitch let her. Which she won't.

No comments: