Monday, August 10, 2009

My boss is starting to treat me like I know what I'm doing. This is starting to freak me out, as I obviously don't. Her reasoning is that since she is away this week (to another conference in Montreal which she says is very scientifically stimulating. Looks like I went to the wrong one), it will actually be less stressful, as she won't be hovering. But this week we have two high school students who are attending a science camp (that they paid for) and who were assigned to me. My boss informed of this early last week, whereas I was told mid last week. Day one just finished and I'm already beat.

My inbox just chimed-an additional test to be done by weeks end, please.

I guess the bad news is that I'm not going to Sweden anymore...a distinct lack of enthusiasm on my part (it would be a lovely vacation, but of what worth scientifically?? I couldn't justify the expense) and piling bills on my employers end fueled the apathy to get tickets booked. I want to celebrate my friends wedding properly, not be rushed out in time to prepare for a red-eye to London. The good news is that it may have been replaced by a trip to a real science conference in San Diego in October. Both bosses will be teaching, so October is no good for them, and I will be able to follow up on some of the (scarce) science buddies I made in Montreal.

No comments: