Monday, December 22, 2008

Ten things I did the weekend before Christmas 2008

10. Baked an apple crisp & a huckleberry pie. 
9. Watched the 4-hour BBC adaptation of Anna Karenina.
8. Started a new novel: Mother of Pearl by Melinda Haynes.
7. Did all my chores, and then did my husbands chores as I watched him sleep.  He passed out after a physically exhausting six day work week.  Poor guy.
6. Woke up at 7 am Sunday morning and was out the door at 8 am buying groceries for dinner with the in-laws. Glorious morning.
5. Lost a game of Settlers of Catan.
4. Lost a game of Yatzee.
3. Became a fan of The Decemberists.
2. Got ass-loads of sleep.
1. Ate fall-off-the-bone BBQ ribs & asparagus with my husband and his parents, then opened some early Christmas gifts before his father leaves for Vancouver.

Blessedly relaxing weekend spent eating and hanging out with family.  An excellent way to usher in the new year.



No comments: