Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Inside (a little bit)

I took a few pictures of the inside of the house last week before company arrived. We had five guests + one dog staying with us for several days, including my two nieces (twins) aged two years old. I fault them entirely for the cold I am currently battling. The weather more or less co-operated while they were here, so we went for day trips to Frog Pond, the Natural History Museum and Duncan's Cove (where the millions of huckleberries are about to ripen any day- yum yum).

Some of the dining room (with dining room set purchased through kijiji - looks nice eh?), and the kitchen, messy with small appliances that haven't quite found a home yet.




Here is a picture of the downstairs bathroom with mirror and towel ring that doesn't yet have a job, technically, since we haven't picked up hand towels for that room.


The office room has a gigantic messy desk in one corner (overlooking the water in the backyard) and on the other side of the room, a "reading corner" with a comfy chair I ordered online via Home Depot, and a new painting we got at Homesense for 30% off.



Oh, and one crazy writhing cat.

The spare room is fairly sparse yet. My big accomplishment in this room was the linens. I couldn't find the right combo of dark chocolate brown and light blue in pre-packaged sets, so I just bought multiple stripped damask sheets sets in the right colours and made curtains and pillow shams from the flat sheets. Can you imagine that pilllow shams, similar in design to the brown ones on the bed, cost upwards of $40 each? Is that not ridiculous? Who would ever pay that much per pillow sham?? And try as I might, I couldn't even find them for less than $10 each on super-clearance sale (and even then, they weren't the right colour). So out came the trusty sewing machine :)




Notice the crazy cat in the above picture? Starved for attention since we haven't been spending much time at home lately. He followed me around while I was taking each picture, rudely ruining them. He usually isn't so demonic looking, I swear.

No comments: