Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bookbag Backpack

I've traveling for more than a week. As is normal for me, I brought along just a single carry-on piece in addition to my purse so that I could avoid luggage hassles and travel in the city more easily. The shitty weather lately has prolonged my stay with great friends and yesterday was a shopping day. Perhaps when normal people go "shopping in the city" they purchase extravagant items not normally available. But folks, yesterday was -50% off at the Goodwills in town - I've acquired more things in the last 24 hours than I had coming to visit in the first place. PLUS, then we went to an Asian grocery store where (bless my small-town heart) the nori and coconut milk were a fraction of the price we pay at home. Less than half. So among the thrifted clothing and books will be nestled seven packages of seaweed and four cans of coconut milk.

Titles I acquired:

Sci-fi (+ sequel):

NYT bestseller

Amazing Canadian sci-fi

Classic Hesse (for hubby)

Mennonite cookbook

Sci-fi/alternate realities

Classic gardening book

Another NYT bestseller

Canada Reads selection 2009

Replacement copy to lend again

No comments: