Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Homespun Holiday

I thought I was getting away with the most indulgent holiday break ever because I could still fit into my clothes. Unfortunately sometime in the last 36 hours this ceased to be true. Time to strap some snowshoes on or at least take advantage of the fitness centre pass included in my new job at the university so I can slug through a work-out with my fellow revelers.

My boss asked me what I got for Christmas this year and the list was decidedly low-tech:
-impressive chicken-killing knife from Cutco
-amazing KitchenAid enameled cast iron pots to cook on the woodstove with (75% of our food is cooked this way since the weather got cold)
-a Whirley-Pop for making popcorn on the woodstove
-a book from this lady on financial planning
-homemade dessert wines

Combined with the hours and hours spent hanging out with family, this holiday break was particularly spectacular. Welcome 2011!

No comments: