Monday, March 31, 2008

Lunch money better spent

There was a book sale today in the lobby. I went for my 8:30 tea and caught them just as they were opening for business, three women fliting about the single table arranging and rearranging the books. Snagged a hard cover version of Canuck Douglas Coupland's book "JPod" as well as softcovers of "Sense & Sensibility" (I've never read a single Austen book), Gregory Macguire's "Wicked" (the awesome cover art - shared by the broadway musical poster- is of a green witch), and Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" (to replace the version I've misplaced...). All for 5 bucks. Whoot. I love book sales. Even when they're helping to contribute funds for the Dean's Council "Social Fund". Gimme a break ladies. Every time I go by the Dean's Council room, the overwhelming stench of leather reminds me of a high end furniture store. Maybe they should supplement their "social fund" by selling off the extravagant (and likely overpriced) leather furniture and rough it using vinyl & fabric chairs like the rest of us.

No comments: