Monday, April 30, 2012

Scuse Me?

Last night at a coworker's baby shower the new prof asked me whether I had been included in the email volley about creating a new policy on re-keying the building. I had not. He said he would sent it to me.

I just read it this morning, and I'm surprised and upset that including me was an afterthought. Turns out my bosses have suggested no undergrads have access to wet lab space unless there are designated supervisors available (ie me). Further, changes to the university policy and Canadian law makes supervisors personally liable for unsafe work places (as deemed by a lawyer). It seems my bosses have volunteered me to supervise students, regulate the student's working hours, and potentially become liable for accidents. By stating so in an email to the department faculty that I wasn't included on.

Now I'm searching for an appropriate way to vent instead of doing the six other important things on my to-do list today.

No comments: