Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Relationship has Soured

On Friday I went to the gym and the trainer made me do something really really hard.

And all weekend I was unable to use my forearms or biceps to do anything at all.

I suffered acute pain that didn't need extension of muscle to trigger - even touching my arm hurt.

I winced in pain when my mother gave me a hug for Mother's Day ...then everyone laughed at me.

Yesterday (36 hours after assault), while drugged on advil (to allow me to, you know, reach above my head for a reagent or grasp a binder) I tried to put on my trench coat. It was too tight in the arms. GASP!

Gym Pro: added aerobic capacity, healthier heart
Gym Con: incapable of menial tasks at work due to soreness, not fitting into my skinny jeans OR my trench coat.

Time to try the on-campus fitness centre.

No comments: