Tuesday, April 12, 2011

migration imagination

well well well. A few weeks ago I got a new Macbook Pro and an iPhone for work. Since I inherited my old computer, I didn't want to migrate all the settings from old to new, so I migrated applications while trying to attempt to transfer about 8 Gb of files another way.

What I tried:
1. migration assistant...cannot choose files only - fail
2. firewire...new 800 port incompatible with my cord - fail
3. LaCie harddrive...not recognized on the new laptop - fail
4. burn two CDs of data...cd drive not functioning on old macbook -fail
5. email items using WeTransfer...2Gb limit -fail
6. use internal M: drive to transfer items...200 kb limit -fail
7. Dropbox?...takes forever to sync -fail
8. Use my new 8 Gb iPhone to transfer data...but Tiger version of iTunes is too old and won't even support the newest version -fail

I'm running out of ideas.


No comments: