Saturday, May 23, 2009

In Inis

Lovely day puttering around, listening to the free live music in town centre (complete with highland dancers girls in oddly coloured, neon costumes) and enjoying the sunshine. Had a lovely, but expensive late lunch at Old Ground Hotel after taken a free one hour Irish language session. I now know how to say thank you in Irish (we call it Gaelic back home). Now we are about to head out for a pint in a bar where there will be live traditional irish music. We've booked our trains for tomorrow to get us to Belfast, and still looking for accomadation.

Our German roomates got angry last night because hubby was snoring really loudly. Not enough to wake me up, but enough to get top-bunk girl angry enough that she yelled down to her bottom-bunk friend, which woke me up. If she had yelled in English I might have gathered what she was upset about. Instead, she just sprouted angry German, and I promptly fell back asleep. Ahhh....jetlag. I advised them to just poke him hard next time ;)

No comments: