Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Giant pizza slice in the sky

There is a video store in town. An independently-run, gigantic store housed in an old building with creaky floors and multiple staircases. In every nook and cranny, there are DVDs. Thousands and thousands of independent/local/international/blockbuster films. Whenever I visit, employees outnumber customers 2-to-1. There are always customers in there, but given the number of films they stock and the high number of employees, I have no idea how they stay in business. And as if any of those reasons weren't good enough on their own to skip Blockbuster, they will order in movies on your behalf. I went in last week to inquire about this film:


And the dude was like "Hmm..never heard of it. But it's got a pretty good rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so I'll just order it in from Amazon." and I was like "Nah...don't worry about it. That seems unnecessary [seeing as you have one Bajillion movies here I'll never get around to seeing]" and he goes "no, if you want it, we'll get it for you" and he taped away at some form, pressed Enter, turned around to me and smiled. "It'll be here in a few weeks".

Wow. Awesome customer service. Woot!

No comments: